Staff at Escalante-Biggs Academy agree to:
- Hold Back-to-School nights for parents to meet with teachers and staff.
- Help to determine the instructional needs of your child.
- Try to adjust the instructional program to meet the academic needs of your child.
- Seek your cooperation as parents to work as partners in the school.
- Provide a safe and orderly school environment.
- Schedule Parent/Teacher conferences.
- Provide weekly information in your child’s Thursday folder or Day Planner.
- Be respectful of students, parents, and colleagues.
Parents/Guardians of children at Escalante-Biggs Academy agree to:
- Make sure my child arrives at school at the appropriate time and is prepared for school everyday.
- Know how my child is doing in school by communicating with teachers.
- Schedule a conference with the teacher about concerns with school work and behavior.
- Monitor my child’s homework and make sure to allow for study time each night.
- Celebrate my child’s accomplishments.
- Help my child accept consequences for negative behavior.
- Limit TV viewing and read daily with my child.
- Check with my child daily for information sent home.
- Be respectful of school staff, students, and other parents.
Students at Escalante-Biggs Academy agree to:
- Come to school ready to learn.
- Participate in class.
- Allow the teachers/staff to help me work through my problems.
- Ask for help when I don’t understand.
- Be respectful of myself, classmates and all members of the Escalante-Biggs Academy community.
- Be respectful of other people’s property as well as school property.